Join the 100-year tradition of quality, craftsmanship and exceptional service. CPV Manufacturing’s dedication to employees, focus on teamwork to achieve what cannot be achieved separately and drive to provide exceptional service keeps us in a leadership position.
Consider a career at CPV, and you’ll find a friendly and dynamic work environment. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive package of benefits. Our job openings are listed below, or you can send your resume for consideration for future positions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manufacturing CNC Set Up / Programmer
The CNC Programmer is responsible for writing and updating the CNC programs for the manufacturing of high quality products on various milling, cutting, and turning machines. This individual is also responsible for setting up or assisting with various machine set ups.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilizes his or her knowledge of tooling and processes to develop the tooling package required to manufacture specific components which meet drawing requirements.
- Sets-up jobs in a timely manner and manufactures parts to engineered drawings, time lines and specifications.
- Works within very precise specifications and follows engineering drawings and measurements.
- Meets or exceeds the company standard of Service & Quality.
- Is able to develop programs using Okuma IGF, Mazatrol and is able to hand write G-code.
- Works to meet or exceed scheduling requirements to ensure parts can be completed on or ahead of time.
- Promotes success, teamwork, quality and continuous improvement in the work environment.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve productivity, safety and quality.
- Acts as a technical source of information for management when required, including professional interaction with co-workers and internal or external customers.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Performs other duties as requested to meet company and departmental goals.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- CNC Machining – 3-5 years as machine operator/machinist experience required
- CNC Programming: 3 – 5 years of programming experience required
- Journeyman designation preferred
- Proficient in writing G-code
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Cam package programing a plus
- Swiss experience a plus
Inside Technical Sales Manager
Manages the Inside Technical Sales Group. Supports outside sales, in developing and growing sales to end users, OEM customers, and distributors within the United States and Canada. This position is based in Kennett Square, PA.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervises the inside sales team;
- Responsible for daily direction and communication to supervised staff so that sales calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner
- Ensures accurate and complete information provided to customers in quotes and accurately recorded in Company systems
- Prepares and provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member to improve skills
- Writes and administers performance reviews for employees under his/her direct supervision. Provides ongoing feedback regarding performance to these employees
- Proposes appropriate training and resources needed by staff to perform their jobs efficiently and professionally
- Creates and maintains a high-energy, professional and positive work environment so team members are motivated and feel as they are part of a winning team
- Supports outside sales in developing new sales primarily in the commercial (non-government) sector. Target markets to include: the Power industry, the Industrial Gas industry, the Petrochemical industry, the Oil & Gas industry, and the Commercial Shipbuilding industry
- Suggests and implements improvements to the sales administration process
- Uses tools to track and analyze sales productivity
- Maintains and helps to grow sales with existing customers
- Generates appointments and sales opportunities using existing contacts, networking and cold calling
- Assists inside sales staff with their duties as needed
- Represents the company at various trade shows, and within industry associations and committees as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology is preferred
- Experience: 7-10 years of sales experience to industrial accounts is required, with Industry-specific experience in the pipe, valve and fitting (PVF) market preferred
- Prior experience supervising a sales team is required
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills is required
- Demonstration of strong time management and organization skills is required
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Inside Technical Sales Associate
Works with existing and potential customers from the quoting stage through order delivery. Provides courteous, knowledgeable assistance to internal and external business partners. Performs data entry of orders and requests for quotes into company MRP system. Liaison between engineering department and customer when required for special orders.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accepts customer inquiries and requests for quotes by phone, fax and email and responds accordingly.
- Enters RFQ’s and orders into computerized order processing system and maintains systems and documents as required by department procedures.
- Provides customer service to external customers including expediting orders, resolving issues, making referrals and product recommendations and following up with customers as required.
- Maintains friendly, helpful demeanor and provides professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer service.
- Uses appropriate qualification and/or verification procedures where required for new customers and special orders.
- Assists with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Complies with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: Individual working towards an associate or bachelor’s degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a customer service position for a technical product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Able to perform data entry procedures accurately and in a time conscious manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.