Join the 100-year tradition of quality, craftsmanship and exceptional service. CPV Manufacturing’s dedication to employees, focus on teamwork to achieve what cannot be achieved separately and drive to provide exceptional service keeps us in a leadership position.
Consider a career at CPV, and you’ll find a friendly and dynamic work environment. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive package of benefits. Our job openings are listed below, or you can send your resume for consideration for future positions to email@example.com.
Set up, operate, and tend machines (both manual and CNC) to fabricate metal products. Other responsibilities may include sawing, cutting, shearing, slitting, punching, crimping, notching, bending, or straightening metal material.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications.
- Set up, test, and adjust machines according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Load workpieces into machines.
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Maintain, clean, and lubricate machines.
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety rules.
- Read and use conventional measuring tools
- Understand tolerance
- Be able to identify drawing elements such as surface finish, concentricity, parallel surfaces
- Understand thread elements such as minor, major and pitch diameter
- Know how and why to bore lathe soft jaws for work holding
- Capable of identifying and selecting generic lathe tools and drills
- Able to understand milling and drilling on the machine centers
- Able to use related manufacturing tools and equipment
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least three years of experience as machine operator.